My parents just left yesterday, it was super fun having them here, and very strange to see them leave and then spend Easter alone watching Gilmore Girls and eating poptarts. It was definitely a new experience leading people around Europe...I don't think anyone's going to hire me as a tour guide any time soon. Our first little trip was to Gruyere, about 50 minutes from Lausanne (longer if you can't follow the google maps directions). It's a little higher up in the mountains, very old and quaint with a castle and walled village, and pretty amazing views of the Alps. The town is probably most famous as being the home of Gruyere cheese, the delicious salty expensive cheese.
There was a really old wheelchair at the castle that I thought was cool, I'm not sure how the guy got around with those little joysticks, but apparently there was a trapdoor and pulley system they built so the wheelchair could get to the second floor. Those smarty pants Switzys I tell ya!
No comments:
Post a Comment