Tuesday, March 31, 2009

And we're off!


Lots of exciting things happening....my mom and dad are coming Friday for a week-it will be our first time together in a foreign country!  Let the shenanigans begin.  We're going to Paris for a few days and then hanging out around here...eating poptarts and watching Gilmore Girls...mmm just like home.  

BUT what is also exciting is my graduation present.  My brothers got cars, and I got....financial assistance with a trip to Sweden and Norway!!  The land where everyone will be able to pronounce my last name.  It's going to be bitchin'.  My knowledge of Norway is basically that they are mainly descendants of vikings and the villagers the vikings raped, things are really expensive, there are lots of fjords, some of the food they eat is very unappetizing (like lutefisk a.k.a. fish marinated in lye), and enjoy strong drinks (or maybe it was just my Grandpa that liked spiced hot wine mixed with everclear...hmm).  Probably none of these things are true, except for the lutefisk part. I want to try and see if I can find some distant relatives with my last name....I have a small hope that I might find someone with my exact name.  A little freaky, possibly unlikely, but one of those stupid things I wonder about.

1 comment:

Derek said...

Leif got a car? Hmm...

P.S. Mom and Dad did pass the car to me and in turn I put $2500 of work into it almost immediately when things broke. Plus, all of the broken stuff on it from when you used it : )